Friday 1 November 2013

"My Heart Leaps Up..."

Week 4 has been all about reading ...reading ...and its application in the form of Lesson Planning, Project Task and Discussion.

I started by going through the reading resources on 'Using CALL in Reading and Writing'. I've particularly enjoyed and found 2 of them very effective for my classes - "Using the Internet in ESL Writing Instruction" by Jarek Krajka and "Three Extensive Reading Activities for ESL/EFL students using EBooks" by Mei-Ya-Liang.

The first article extensively discusses how the three basic articles of Web pages, E mail connection and Class websites can help the students to develop their writing skills. This article has become close to my heart, for I can identify with it and more or less know exactly how to use it. I've shared the link in 'Delicious Pages' , written about it in the different threads if 'Nicenet', incorporated it for my sample Lesson Plan...and would like to write more about it for my final project, hopefully.

The second article is based on improving Reading skills. The author gives importance in the selection of choosing books, reading and sharing books. I've found the links on creating a story map and advanced story map quite effective.

I've reflected on the technology of Writing that I will be using for my class of advanced language learners, in 'Project Task Step 3'. And improving the Writing Skill of my students is the issue, that is the main thread of discussion in my sample Lesson Plan.

So, my task has just started...with a lot more reading to do. Every article gives me a new insight to my experience as a Language teacher, and I keep thinking of the ways in which I can use them my classes. This is what I love, think about my young learners...how to give them the best so that they are able to face the world with all the right kind of ammunitions!

I remember  the words of Francis Bacon: " Reading maketh a full man; conference a ready man; and writing an exact man."

1 comment:

  1. Hi Paramita,

    I do agree with you, Paramita that this week we all have read many articles but I think they are very useful for us as teachers.

    My best wishes,
    Ahmed

    ReplyDelete