Friday 13 December 2013

End of a Journey....

I remember the song'Goodbye' from the famous film "Sound of Music", and I am happy instead of being sad at the end of this course. I'm happy because I've learnt so much. I'm happy because I can now expand my learning which will ultimately benefit my students. I'm happy because I've made such wonderful friends. So, why should be pensive?

As my journey began, I was skeptical of my involvement in it. Unsure and scared of what I'll understand, knowing my initial inhibitions about technology. But Courtney's encouragements and the sharing and insights from my course mates truly helped my to move on. I started looking into the different facets of the course in a positive manner. The ABCD model, the importance of CALL, learning to blog for the first time, creating delicious page and adding favourite links to it, learning about PBL, Web Quest, creating Rubric for the students, every activity and task was like a new world opening for me. There was so much reading of specific resources that we all had to do, and to juggle that while teaching and grading papers at times became stressful. Yet, I moved on because I knew that the reward at the end of the journey would be sweet. To me, 'Reward' is not the certificate that I receive, but the smile I can visualize on the faces of my students, when they see me trying out innovative methods in the classroom with the help of technology. I can see their animated expressions, when they start creating a class Padlet. That is going to be my reward!

After these ten weeks more than being technology savvy, I'm richer in an amazing experience which I'll always treasure. It has helped me to be positive in difficult situations and I now know what to do to make my teaching unique, creative, interesting and approachable for my learners. That is my biggest reward from this course!

So, thank you Courtney for being such a wonderful instructor and guiding me, even when Internet Explorer and Nicenet would not side with me. Thank you University of Oregon, to have given us this  opportunity to be a part of such an enriching course. Thank you my dear classmates for your insights and sharing your ideas.

Let us all promise to keep in touch with each other and someone, may be Ahmed or Sanjiv,  quickly think of a group, which we can join and keep communicating regularly.

Best wishes and goodbye to all.....


1 comment:

  1. Hi Paramita!

    We should definitely keep in touch. I think John Lopez has created the FB page where we can all join.

    All the Best!

    Darshan

    ReplyDelete